Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Alaska Bound

Ok, so here's the deal. I have decided to move to Alaska. I graduate in March 2009 and will be headed north come May/June. There is no time limit on my time in Alaska. I'm just going to go. To quote one of my good friends, "Why not?" What other time in my life will I have the freedom to do something like this? As a matter of fact, I can't think of a better time.

North to Alaska will mean a wonderful cross-country driving experience; 14 states and three territories in Canada. I'm excited. As a way of chronicling my adventure and allowing others to communicate with me, I'm dedicating this blog to all things Alaska and all things photography. I'll post my feelings about photography, photographers I find interesting, quotes, etc along with my first year in Alaska (though that will come later).

As a reader of my blog, I hope that you will come to know me better as a photographer and as a human being.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Thomas A. Edison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I say GO FOR IT!!! No better time to do what you really want to do. Now is the time. I would certainly wish that when you get older you didn't say "I wish I had lived in Alaska." I am proud of you and quite honestly envious to some degree!!
Arlene